HappeningHoops.com CIT Bracketology Number 13 March 11th 2020
By: Ethan Hennessy
If you had not already heard the CBI cancelled its tournament for 2020 due to “the uncertainty about the corona virus and the impact it is having on college campuses across the country”.
The CIT released a statement this afternoon saying “At this time, the CollegeInsider Tournament (CIT) is still scheduled to be played starting next week.
With all of that being said we are only a few days out from Selection Sunday. Obviously basketball takes a back seat to bigger things like health and safety, but if the CIT does end up getting played I am here to predict the field. Hello I am Ethan Hennessy I am a senior at Valparaiso University originally from Columbia Maryland. I am a Valpo and Loyola MD fan. I am the founder of the Happening Hoops Media brand, and Happening Hoops is most well known for being the go to national website for CBI and CIT bracketology predictions. These tournaments provide teams who may have just missed out on the NCAA Tournament or NIT a reward for a good season by getting to play in a postseason tournament.
In 2018 I correctly predicted: 17/20 CIT teams and 9/16 CBI teams for a 72% success rate.
In 2019 I correctly predicted 26/26 CIT teams and 13/16 CBI teams for a 93% success rate.
CIT (26 teams)
- Boston (20-13 Patriot)
- Merrimack (20-11 NEC)
- Saint Bonaventure (19-12 A-10)
- Youngstown State (18-15 Horizon)
- Valpo (19-16 MVC)
- Ball State (18-13 MAC)
- Kansas City (16-14 WAC)
- Eastern Kentucky (16-17 OVC)
- Marshall (16-15 CUSA)
- Tennessee State (18-15 OVC)
- South Alabama (20-11 Sun Belt)
- Abilene Christian (20-11 Southland)
- Mercer (17-15 SoCon)
- Western Carolina (19-12 SoCon)
- Nichols State (21-10 Southland)
- Bethune Cookman (16-14 MEAC)
- Oral Roberts (17-14 Summit)
- North Florida (21-12 ASUN)
- Grambling State (17-15 SWAC)
- Norfolk State (16-15 MEAC)
- California Baptist (21-10 WAC)
- Montana State (16-15 Big Sky)
- Southern Utah (16-15 Big Sky)
- UC Riverside (17-15 Big West)
- Sacramento State (16-14 Big Sky)
- Hawaii (17-13 Big West)
Have information you would like me to know about teams listed or not listed here. Contact me at
DM @ HappeningHoops on Twitter